Oryx Hut is a totally private rustic hut set amongst large shady trees on the bank of the Breede River with it's own river frontage and jetty. The Hut consists of two buildings; the double storey building has the living area with open plan kitchen, stoep and toilet. Upstairs there is a double bed with a small lounge, fire place and pullout couch(for kids). The second building has 2 rooms. There is 1 double bed and 2 bunk beds (accommodation for 6 people). This is a magic spot on the Breede River for nature lovers, canoeists, fishermen and families wanting to get away from the city buzz. There is no electricity so no TV.....etc. Well behaved pets that don't roam are welcome!
NO electricity only LED and solar lights.
Self Catering Accommodation:
These 2 wooden houses are rented out as 1 unit:
1. Wooden hut : Sleeps 6 people on a double bed and 2 bunk beds with fitted bottom sheet, pillows and pillow cases.
2. Double story wooden hut: A double bed with a small lounge, fire place and pullout couch (for kids).
- Fireplace upstairs with comfy chairs
- Gas hot water for outside shower
- Small bathroom with toilet and hand basin
- Gas hob, fridge in small kitchen, pots, pans, braai casserole and kettle, camping cutlery, crockery plastic glasses,mugs, tea pot
- Outside braai area with 2x table/chair sets ( braai grids provided )
- Plastic chairs
- R850 per night for 2 adults with minimum stay of 2 nights
- R250 per additional adult per night
- Children (14yrs or younger) R80 per night.
- Overflow camping is allowed by prior arrangement @R100 pppn
To be arranged prior to arrival:
- Chopped wood in bags (R30/sack) on request
- An Indian canoe for hire @ R250 for the weekend
Bring your own: Food, drinks, bedding, towels, torches , comfy camping chairs, swimming, fishing,walking ,birding, star gazing....etc.. accessories
Long weekends and peak periods: 3 nights and 4 people minimum. Please contact reservations for further details.