Oryx Hut is a totally private getaway with its own stunning river frontage with jetty. The Hut consists of two buildings; the double storey building has the living area with open plan kitchen, stoep and toilet. Upstairs there is a pull out comfy couch, chairs, a fire place and an extra bed and mattress. The second building has the sleeping accommodation in 2 rooms. There is 1 double bed and 2 bunk beds (accommodation for 6 people). This is a magic spot on the Breede River for nature lovers, canoeists, fishermen and families wanting to get away from the city buzz. There is no electricity so no TV.....etc. Well behaved pets that don't roam are welcome!
NO electricity only LED and solar lights.
Self Catering Accommodation:
These 2 wooden houses are rented out as 1 unit:
1. Wooden hut : Sleeps 6 people on a double bed and 2 bunk beds with fitted bottom sheet, pillows and pillow cases.
2. Double story wooden house: has a double pull out" sleeper couch" and a single bed upstairs and extra mattress.
- Fireplace upstairs with comfy chairs
- Gas hot water for outside shower
- Small bathroom with toilet and hand basin
- Gas stove, fridge in small kitchen, pots, pans, braai casserole and kettle, camping cutlery, crockery plastic glasses,mugs, tea pot
- Outside braai area with 2x table/chair sets ( braai grids provided )
- Plastic chairs
To be arranged prior to arrival:
- Chopped wood in bags (R30/sack) on request
- An Indian canoe for hire @ R250 for the weekend
Bring your own: Food, drinks, bedding, towels, torches , comfy camping chairs, swimming, fishing,walking ,birding, star gazing....etc.. accessories